You have a configured an AppGate controller and you would like to move the the whole configuration to another appliance, or you want to move from instance to another instance-- well follow the steps below. The concept used to achieve this is to create a backup file and restore it on the new instance. The backup file contains all the configuration you will need, so it is a straight forward task.Preconditions
- AppGate (XDP) software version >= 2.2.
- AppGate software version of source and target need to be the same version.
If you are using DHCP and preserving the hostnames (as under Peer and Client hostname per Appliance configuration), you are good to go. If you have static IPs and they will be different on the target appliance than it was on the source, you will need to re-new the certificates under "Appliance configuration". Same goes if the hostname of the peer-interface or client interface is going to be changed. Read here
for more details regarding certificate re-newal.Step by step
1. On the current controller (source): open the command line (ssh) on the appliance. Then do the backup:cz@controller:~$sudo cz-backup myconfig.bu
2. Copy the backup file from the instance to your local machine, for example scp:local:~$scp firstname.lastname@example.org:~/myconfig.bu ~/Desktop/
Note the file is not encrypted and contains all the configuration/keys/CA.
3. Copy the backup file onto the target system, with for example a command line too like scp:local:~$scp ~/Desktop/myconfig.bu email@example.com:~/
4. Run the re-store process on the new instance: Open the command line (ssh) on the appliance. Then do the backup:cz@newcontroller:~$sudo cz-restore myconfig.bu
5. reboot the appliance:cz@newcontroller:~$sudo reboot
6. After the system has rebooted, verify you can login in the admin UI, for example: https://newcontroller.packnot.com:444/ui. Verify the clients can login as usual.