Please also read step-by-step guide and the details in the manual, available from the download center: http://www.cryptzone.com/downloadcenter/appgate
Note on Clustering
Doing a software update in a cluster works in the same way. Once an update is started on one member in the cluster, the AppGate console will show a status window for all members in the cluster. All members will then take out the same steps and reboot.
The Update Process
Please find below the update process to migrate your AppGate Server to the latest firmware. Please refere to the relaease notes that accompany each release for details of the improvements & features.
Also note, that the minimal kernel requirements for supported operating systems on the AppGate Server is SunOS 5.11 snv_130. You can find this in the following location:
Software update allows you to update the software on the system. This is a multi-step process which will require the reboot of your system. The process is automatic and will perform the following steps:
1. Ask for the update file.
2. Review the attributes and contents of the update file.
3. Upload the update file to the server, where its integrity and applicability are checked.
4. Apply the software update.
The software update will create a clone of the running system and perform the update on the new clone. This means that the running system is untouched. The system will then need a reboot. Reboot the system into the new clone.
The steps will happen automatically, but it is possible to cancel the process at any point up to where the update is applied. Once the system begins the process of applying the update, the process CANNOT be cancelled.
The table shown above lists all of the currently applied software updates on the AppGate server. Each update is listed with its software version, the date the update was applied, and the user who applied it.
The following two sections describe the two actions possible on this screen; applying and rolling back software updates.
Applying Software Updates
In order to install a software update, the administrator must be logged into the Administration Console with full access.
NOTE: In cluster installations, ALL servers in the cluster must be up and operational. Applying the update on one node in the cluster will propagate the update to all of the other nodes. All of the AppGate nodes in the cluster MUST run the same software version in order to work correctly.
- Upload the AGU file
- Apply AGU file
- Reboot to new (updated) clone
Detailed steps of applying an update:
1. Start with pressing the button 'Select update file...'. This will open of a file selector. Select the update file (.agu) to apply.
2. The console will now read the update file and show an information dialog. This dialog shows exactly which update it is and what it does.
3. The next steps are that the update is uploaded to the AppGate server and that the server verifies the integrity of the update.
4. Finally, if no problems are found, the server shows a confirmation dialog.
5. The upgrade is applied on the new Clone, and not on the running system. This means that the running system is completely preserved as it is, with its whole operating system, all AppGate software and all configurations. Only when the system is rebooted from the new Clone the upgrade takes effect.
6. When the upgrade is applied a log window of the actual process is shown. At the end of the update it will show if the upgrade was successful or not. If successful it will offer you to reboot.
If the update proves unresponsive or problematic, you can reboot to the other clone to revert to the previous state.