What is the difference of Master and Standard SEP-server?
- Serve SEP-clients,
- Hosts global communication pages, and
- Runs scheduled tasks such as:
- AD Synchronization,
- Log forwarding,
- Online license check,
- Secured mail processing etc.
Standard SEP servers
Serves SEP clients,
Hosts global communication pages,
Does not run scheduled tasks.
Comment: All servers within the same SEP domain (the SEP domain means a unique database with its own license) must share the same database. It is possible to have multiple SEP domains within an organization, and the SEP-client supports interacting with multiple SEP-domains.
Please note: LDAP access can be removed from the SEP-Server in DMZ if the following conditions is true:
- If Secured eUSB is used with ONLY password authentication (custom password and nothing else) and
- If Secured eMail Global Communication is used for only external accounts (AD credentials will not work)